11 March 2022 - 9.30am to 11am
This Education and Training programme equips individuals, groups and organisations with the knowledge and skills to better understand suicide and suicide prevention. Through presentations, tutorials and training products PAPYRUS support communities to become suicide safer.
SP-OT - Suicide Prevention - Overview Tutorial
· To understand the prevalence and impact of suicide.
· To explore the language, and the challenges, when talking openly about suicide.
· To recognise the ‘signs’ that may indicate someone is having thoughts of suicide
· To consider how we can all contribute to a suicide safer community.
25 March 2022 - 9.30am to 1pm
SP-EAK - Suicide Prevention - Explore, Ask, Keep-Safe
An Introduction to Suicide Prevention skills
· To consider the attitudes, myths and stigma that surround suicide.
· To recognise and explore the ‘signs’ that may indicate someone is having thoughts of suicide.
· To encourage an open, safe and sensitive conversation about suicide with a person having thoughts of suicide.
· To support a safety plan with someone thinking of suicide
May 2022 tbc
After working with many children, parents and schools to help those children who are struggling in mainstream education, Fegans and Schudio have put together this FREE course in order to aid teachers educate children that may be experiencing difficulties within the education system.
-Includes an introduction to Attachment Theory
-Includes how children's brains are affected by early trauma
-Will help teachers to understand the reason behind the presenting problems
-Practical advice to help teachers and children within school
-Help teachers understand different issues facing young children in education
-Advice to avoid teacher burnout in a busy school
Connect with us on LinkedIn and be the first to know about our CPD and training programme. Hear our latest news, and join the discussion on mental health.
After four training days with Fegans, I feel like I really know what I’m getting. They are really good days, with very strong teaching. Thank you.Feedback from attendee, Fegans’ Training
An excellent mix of theory, practice, interaction, and real life examples which has led to me feeling well equipped to launch out and work in a child-led way. Also excellent and very detailed notes were provided.Feedback from attendee, Fegans’ Training
The combination of theory and opportunity to experience role play and practice for me was very helpful. Open discussion within the group and time to process was also really helpful. There was plenty of time and it was not rushed.Feedback from attendee, Fegans’ Training
The content was very comprehensive; there was an appreciation for, and a building on the skills I already have.Feedback from attendee, Fegans’ Training