How to partner with us
Fegans partner with schools, local authorities children’s centres and social services. Our desire is also to partner closely with churches who share a common heart to serve the community they are in. We see this as possibly working in the
- Encouraging churches to partner with us to establish Fegans teams in their towns. This might take the form of allowing us use of their premises, encouraging people to come and work for Fegans or provide volunteers to be trained in specialist parenting support for the benefit of your community.
- Supporting us in prayer. The work we do can be very intense and occasionally harrowing…we would welcome being remembered by your church or house group in your prayers.
- Following our blog or social media accounts. Fegans take an evidence-based approach to the issues we raise and whilst many of the things we flag are sometimes difficult to say as well as hear, it is greatly encouraging to see people take an active interest and support us in our desire to make a difference to the lives of children in the UK
- Support us financially. The generous donations we receive from churches enable us to transform the lives of many more children.
If your church would like to find out more about working with Fegans, please contact Ian.Soars@fegans.org.uk
Parents Supporting Parents
Fegans is proud to formally launch our Parents Supporting Parent programme. This is a volunteer-led three stage step down program that reaches the most vulnerable families and takes them on a journey towards self-reliance and hope-filled lives. The beauty of the program is that its starts with home-based intervention, moves to group work and then into the community….and as parents develop their confidence we recruit them to see the next group. Fegans already do this ourselves but our heart is to partner with churches to do this in every community. Our belief is that intervention can only go so far…to really transform a family a caring community is needed. There is an old African proverb that perhaps explains the principle best “It takes a village to raise a child”.
– It benefits the family by first addressing their needs, then taking them on a journey to being part of
– It benefits referrers such as early help, schools or Social Services by beginning to break the cycle of intervention/reintervention
– It benefits churches by enabling them to engage with their community in a safe, good governance way.
Request a speaker
Fegans’ Ambassadors are passionate volunteers who offer their time to visit local groups and churches to share Fegans’ good work and highlight the variety of ways others can support this remarkable charity.
If you are interested in becoming an Ambassador for Fegans or you would like to arrange a speaker for your group or church please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a meeting / call with CEO
CEO of Fegans, Ian Soars, is dedicated to reaching as many children and families in need as quickly as possible. For this reason Ian will gladly meet with any agencies who are interested in exploring strategic partnerships to enable us to meet this need.