Spending time in conversation with our children strengthens our bond, but sometimes it’s actually hard to know where to start, here we have some great conversation starters.
We know it sounds obvious but please only ask one question at a time and LISTEN to the answer, ensuring your child knows you are listening. If they ask the question back to you tell them what you think, our kids are interested in us too, even if it doesn’t always seem like it. This will encourage them to want to talk and before you know it you won’t need these ideas anymore!
Getting to Know Your Child
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
- If you had a time machine for a day, what would you do with it?
- What’s your favourite song? Why?
- What is your earliest memory?
- What are you most proud of?
- If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
- If you had to choose only three words to describe yourself, what would you say?
- What is your idea of an ideal day?
- Would you rather live in a castle, on a boat, or on a cloud?
- If you could ask anyone for help, who would it be and why?
- What scares you the most and why? What makes you feel better?
- What do you worry about the most?