Will you free a child from self-harm?Self-harm and attempted suicide continue to rise at a staggering rate. Fegans aims to raise awareness across communities so that as a nation we are better equipped to help our children find the freedom they need to have a life worth living.
In 5 years the number of under-sixteens hospitalised after self-harming has almost doubled*
Fegans provides qualified professional counselling to around 400 troubled children every week in schools and centres across five counties. Fegans’ One Life campaign aims to decrease the number of attempted suicides and self-harm amongst children and young people, by providing professional early intervention to troubled children at the point of need.
Currently in the UK 3 children in every classroom have a mental health problem, yet 75% are not receiving the treatment they so desperately need**Public Health England 2016
- 3 children in every classroom have a mental health problem
- 7 in 10 young people with a mental health problem have not had sufficient help at an early age
- 75% of those with a mental health condition start developing it before the age of 18
- 6 – 8% of children and young people deliberately self-harm
- In 5 years the number of under-sixteens hospitalised after
- self-harming has almost doubled
- 50% of those who die by suicide have a history of self-harm*
By giving just £5…
you can provide art resources used during play therapy with one of our qualified counsellors
By giving just £10…
you can support one child’s counselling sessions in school