COVID-19 Fegans’ Operational Update UPDATED 19 March
As a consequence of yesterday’s COBRA meeting announcing the decision to close all UK schools, Fegans will be responding in the following way;
- where requested we will arrange for counselling in schools to continue for vulnerable children still attending school during the pandemic, all other schools based counselling will cease
- counselling in our centres will also come to an end, except for those most vulnerable as it would be deemed unsafe for therapy to end abruptly
- remote counselling will take place for adults and teenagers using video conferencing technology, more information will follow
- parent support workers will no longer visit homes but are set up to deliver parent support sessions via video conferencing technology and through the dad.info forum
- our Buttons pre-school in Thanet will be closing on Friday 20/3/20 but is drafting plans for those most vulnerable families and also online play & reading times
- the majority of staff will be home working, but we will endeavour to answer your calls and respond to your queries as quickly as we can. Please bear with us.
- Some of our experienced parent support workers will be available on DAD.info forum so that families have access to expert help.
- We will be publishing blogs/articles/videos/insights/top tips/activities written by our therapists, parent support workers and early years practitioners on our digital Family Hub.
- Our digital family hub will have a regularly updated news feed, drawn from Gov.UK, the BBC and other parenting and therapeutic websites so that parents can access all they need in one place.
- We have developed a free ‘Parenting in a Pandemic’ support group with fantastic resources, tips and advice. Sign up to receive regular emailed updates HERE
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all Fegans staff and volunteers for the incredible dedication they continue to show amidst such difficult times. We are committed to continue to be there for families as much as we possibly can.
If there are any further developments we will provide updates via this page and our social media channels as they happen.
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
Ian Soars, CEO of Fegans