Fegans exists to bring hope to the lives of children, families and communities across the UK. We do this by providing qualified counselling for children and support, intervention and training for parents. Working holistically and in partnership, our aim is to transform this nation one child at a time.
We are looking for counsellors to join our team in the South East. If you are interested in becoming part of our dynamic team and you meet the following criteria, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Qualified to minimum Diploma level
- At least 200 hours experience of counselling children and adults
- Member of the BACP
- Proficient IT skills to maintain records, and good communication skills
- A demonstrable passion and heart for children and families
- Car owner with valid driving license
- Supervision paid for
- Your time at supervision is paid
- BACP fees paid for
- Up to 6 free CPD days per year
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake one-to-one counselling with children in schools and Fegans Centres, during term-time.
- To liaise with parents, carers and SENCO’s regarding the counselling of their children.
- To maintain adequate records of work with clients on Fegans computer system, providing information to management and Head Office as appropriate/requested, as well as responsibility for the completion of Evaluation forms, permission slips and referral forms.
- To attend review meetings when requested, by the safeguarding team, school staff, social workers, etc.
- To attend supervision as required, in accordance with BACP guidelines. This may be provided by Fegans’ supervisors, or by an independent external supervisor.
- To understand the role of safeguarding within Fegans, to attend Local Authority safeguarding training and to follow organisational policies and procedures when safeguarding issues arise.
- To work in conjunction with the Allocations Manager in coordinating your workload.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- To continually represent the work and ethos of Fegans in a professional and positive manner.
- To seek to be trained to a high standard by undertaking 30 hours annually of Continuing Professional Development.
- To attend meetings as required by your manager such as appraisals, team meetings etc.
- To liaise with, network and refer to other agencies such as the health service, education, social services, other voluntary agencies, etc.
- To attend Fegans Staff Days.
£11.66 per hour
Permanent, part time, term time only.
CLOSING DATE: 15th October 2020.
About us – Fegans is a Christian charity that delivers outstanding care to children, parents and families who want to live the best lives possible.
Please look on our Fegans website for more information about us.
For more information, and to apply, please see below.
Fegans Mission, Ethos, Values and Statement of Faith
Apply for this position with CV
Apply for this position without CV
Please send your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Tia Barham, 160 St James’ Road Tunbridge Wells TN1 2HE